Currently not all employers can afford to provide health insurance to their employees and not all employees can afford to pay their share of the premium for coverage when it is offered.
Add to that the following: some employees qualify for individual health insurance coverage at a significant discount through the Marketplace Exchange program which they would lose if an employer offers group coverage.
Fortunately, companies with less than 50 employees are not required to provide health insurance coverage. So, what to do?
When we look at how most of us access healthcare each year we notice that our care falls into five general categories:
- Visits to the primary care doctor for illnesses and non-acute conditions;
- Contact with specialists when either chronic or suspicious symptoms evidence;
- Research pricing surgical procedures and expensive services like MRIs;
- Shopping prescription drug costs at various pharmacies;
- Bills incurred as part of an accident or hospital stay.
In addition most employees understand the importance of regular visits to the dentist and eye doctor to prevent future medical problems.
Programs exist now that address these five basic needs plus the dental and vision choices and they can be provided on a very limited budget. We would be delighted to discuss this new option if your company finds itself in a position to benefit from this alternative. Give us a call (770-449-7369) to explore your options!